Due out on Warp Records on 22/23rd September (WARP247).
Taking a lesson in PR from Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin’s camp have been super mysterious the past week, building to the announcement of a new album, ‘Syro’ on Aphex Twin’s birthday (coincidence?).
From the blimp in the sky-
Aphex Twin blimp at Oval Space?! pic.twitter.com/AfShgjgBIQ
— Jonathan Lind (@JidLind) August 16, 2014
– on Saturday, to the stencil on the pavements of Manhattan on Sunday, Aphex Twin had music lovers buzzing with hope over the weekend. Monday’s finale has led to him announcing the album over the deep web (same area of the net as Silk Road) –
— Aphex Twin (@AphexTwin) August 18, 2014
– which suggests that a new album is due. It will be his first as Aphex Twin since ‘drukQs’ back in 2001. It better be worth the wait. We know that he has got six albums which haven’t been released at this point in time so hopefully this will be the first of the rest and they’ll all see daylight.
My only hope is that they are as good as his previous ones, although no matter what he does no doubt James will have a legion of loyal fans backing him up every step of the way.
01. minipops 67 (source field mix)
02. XMAS_EVET10 (thanaton3 mix)
03. produk 29
04. 4 bit 9d api+e+6
06. CIRCLONT6A (syrobonkus mix)
07. fz pseudotimestretch+e+3
08. CIRCLONT14 (shrymoming mix)
09. syro u473t8+e (piezoluminescence mix)
10. PAPAT4 (pineal mix)
11. s950tx16wasr10 (earth portal mix)